Thursday, January 26, 2012

You Were Almost....

Dear Scarlett, 


I came across the paper of names that Daddy & I had made to decide upon a name for you. I wanted to share it with you so you could see what you were almost named.....

Baby Names:           Reason we Didn't:

Gabriella - (Gabby for short)       We knew too many. We wanted an uncommon name.
Lilliana (Lilli for short)                We knew too many Lilly's 
Li-Na (Korean descent Leena)     I didn't know if it would be hard for people to pronounce 
Leighton                                         Just wasn't my favorite
Shyla                                               Daddy wasn't fond of it.             
Annalina                                         I didn't want people to call you Anna for short
Harlow                                           It was my runner up to Scarlett but you know which won
Brielle                                             One of your distant cousins was named that :)
Nyssa                                              It was too close to Elyssa, your cousin
Layla                                              We knew too many
Shaylee                                           Just wasn't my top pick
Valentina                                       I didn't want you being called Val or Tina
Scarlett       PERFECT!     

(Boys) I didn't have too many boy names because they were harder for us to pick

Jaxson
Tyler Jr.  (TJ)
Brayden  



We decided that Scarlett was our favorite and we didn't know one single Scarlett, at the time. At the hospital one of the nurses, who had been there 20 years, said she had never once heard of that name. So I was pleased to have picked a uncommon name for you. Your middle name was picked in memory of your grandmother, (Daddy's mother) Cindy LaFountaine who passed away in 2005. I never got the chance to meet her but I know she was a great woman by the stories Daddy has told me about her. I wanted each of my children to have meaning to their names. Since Scarlett was just a name that we fell in love with, we gave meaning to your middle name. I have never seen the movie Gone With The Wind. Many people ask me if you are named from that. No, you were not. I heard the name from a beautiful actress named Scarlett Johansson. I just thought it was different and I hadn't heard it often. There is your name history........

Here were the top 25 Baby names in 2011, the year you were born:

1MasonEmma    
2LiamOlivia    
3NoahSophia    
4EthanIsabella    
5JacobAva    
6AidenElla    
7JacksonMadison    
8LoganEmily    
9JackAbigail    
10LucasChloe    
11RyanLily    
12BenjaminMia    
13MichaelAddison    
14WilliamAvery    
15JaydenCharlotte    
16ElijahAmelia    
17JamesGrace    
18MatthewZoe    
19AlexanderSofia    
20NathanNatalie    
21LukeHannah    
22JoshuaSophie    
23AndrewElizabeth    
24CalebClaire    
25EvanBrooklyn




             Love Always, Mommy 

2 comments:

  1. Scarlett is a beautiful name & you're right it's not very common :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love that you chose the name scarlett. so cute and so unique. just perfect :)
    and why is it so hard to come up with cute boy names, ha
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete