Sunday, March 4, 2012

10 Months Today.

Dear Scarlett,

     Today, you are 10 months old! Happy Birthday Peanut Baby. Well, you aren't really a peanut anymore. You are outgrowing your carseat and walking around in your walker. Right now, you have 2 teeth and another one poking through. You are an easy teether. 

     I have started to notice that you like vegetables better than fruits. I don't know why but that's your preference. You like Macaroni & Cheese, too. We have started you on a sippy cup and you drink from it like you had been doing it for months!

     This month, it was warm enough in February to go to the park. You LOVED the swing! Of course you did, my little daredevil baby. You are talking more and more everyday. You say Mumma and Dada but I don't know if you know what you are saying. Every time you say Mumma, I say, "Yes Scarlett?" so I think you are starting to catch on to my name.

     The best part about this past month, has been that you have become a cuddle bug. You like when I lay with you and watch a movie or rock you to sleep. You are starting to sleep better. You only wake up once in the night, now. You drink your bubba and then go back to sleep. You take naps right on schedule and eat like a chunky monkey.

     You are wearing 12-18 month clothes. At 6 months, you were in the 90% for your height, and 75% for your weight. Now, at 10 months, you have slowed down. You are in the 75% for your height and the 50% for your weight. But, that might be because I have started to wean you from breast milk. You drink mostly formula with a little breast milk mixed in. You drink so much now that I can't keep up so we have started the process of switching you to formula.


     I am always amazed at how smart you are. You are a book worm. You cry when it's time to stop reading books. Even if we already read 8 books! Ha ha. You tell me when you are hungry or when you are thirsty with baby sign language. You even let me know when you have a dirty diaper. You are a very good baby. You never cry unless something is wrong.


     We are still living in New York this month. You got to go out and play in the snow for the first time this month. We haven't had much snow this year but we got a storm the beginning of March and I took you out to play. You ate the snow. I put a video up of you on your first snow day, below. 



All Done! 

Oh Scarlett, You consume my entire heart. I can't explain my love for you. I cry when I have to put away the clothes you have outgrown. I watch you sleeping. I think about how it was before you were here and I can't remember. I imagine what it will be like when you are 2 years old, or 10 years old. I imagine what it will be like when you are all grown up. But right now, you are only 10 months old and Daddy & I are enjoying every minute of it. Happy 10 months little baby.




Love Mommy & Daddy 


Baby Scarlett's First Snow Day
3/1/2012

1 comment: