Monday, June 4, 2012

13 MONTHS!

Dear Scarlett,
We have been so busy that I almost forgot that today, is your 13 month birthday! 
Happy 13 months love!
I'm sorry if this is unorganized. I am writing this at 11 pm. 
We have done so many fun things this month! So I have LOTS of pics to post.
What's new? 
Well, at the doctor's office the other day, you were 20 lbs 13 oz.
You are in the 97% for your height and the 7% for your weight.
You are a string bean. Mommy worries about you eating enough, quite often.
but the doctor assures me that you are perfectly healthy. 
You are such a little super model. As soon as I turn the camera on you, you light up with smiles and poses. A natural for sure. Mommy loves taking photos of you all day.

Today Daddy started his new position at work. He's hard at work, making his way up the chain to be a big wig in the industry. We love that he works so hard for us. Trust me, you will appreciate this one day when you look back from your first job. 

You have 3 more teeth coming in. That is in addition to the 4 you already have. Late teether but no complaints as you are such a happy baby most always! You are getting into everything! I can't turn my back for one second!

Although you have been very talkative for awhile, you finally understand what you are saying.
Last week, your first word...Dadda. Of course.
And now you ask "What's dah?" and point. 
You still love books.
Favorite food right now? Veggie Crunchies. (picky eater while you teeth)
Favorite Show? Olivia.
You cry when it's time to stop swinging on the swings. 
I can't believe how big you are. 
You are beginning to understand the concept of Skype and FaceTime now. When we are away from Daddy, you laugh at him through the screen. You say "Dadda." And Daddy is filled with happiness from your little voice. 

I often lie watching you sleep. It makes me cry to think that someday, you are going to be old enough that you won't need me. But maybe you still might...in some small ways.

You try my patience. Temper tantrums happen more and more lately. Mostly when I take something away that you shouldn't have. I hate to see you cry but Mommy knows best. 
I was very concerned about you still drinking from a bottle. I tried to take it away from you when you turned one, but it was torture to you and the doctor said, "Let's try weaning her slowly." I agree. You don't like pacifiers or sucking your thumb. Your bottle is your soother and I know, you will give it up when you are ready. You do drink from a sippy cup but you aren't ready to give up your night time bubba yet. I could never figure out why it is okay for mothers to breast feed until the babies are 3 but bottles have to be thrown away as soon as they turn one???

I've learned something very important with you....All babies are different. They all develop and grow at their own pace. Some walk early, some talk early. Some have more teeth then others. Not one baby is the same. So to say that every baby is ready for one certain thing at one certain age, is not feasible. I have learned to trust my motherly instinct above all else. It helps that you have a great doctor that agrees. 

Everyday, you try me, test me, scare me, and make me absolutely blissful with your mere presence. You teach me new things daily. I love you for this. It is such a blessing to have you in our lives. Happy 13 months Scarlett.

P.s. For the love of all, would you please eat more?!?!
;)

Love, Mommy and Daddy

1 comment:

  1. AWE this is way too SWEET, happy 13 months beautiful =)

    xo, adropofbliss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete