Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Some Time for Scarlett.

Dear Scarlett,

     I thought I would take some time to write to you tonight. So much has been going on, that I haven't had much time to write to you lately. I've been attending weddings, trying to plan the wedding and spending time with you, so writing has been scarce. But, you are asleep now, so I'm putting all of my stress and other work aside, to write to you. We have been having so much fun! Your first real meal breakfast. Parades. Childrens Museum. Parks. Visits to Mass. We've been having a blast! 
     This weekend, we went to the Summer Solstice and you get a hand-made Hello Kitty doll. We also spend some time at Auntie Erica's camp. You got to spend a little time with the kids. It was nice since you don't have a lot of child interaction lately. Mommy is thinking of planning a few trips to places with lots of kids so that you can play with others.

     So besides having lots of fun on weekend trips and such, I wanted to write and tell you that you walked for the first time last Wednesday. On June 13th, 2012, you took 5 steps by yourself from the wall to me. I cried. Then put you in the middle of the room where you walked to me again. I can't believe how big my baby is getting. I love it and hate it at the same time. It is amazing that such a little person, who was only born last year, is learning to walk and talk.

   Lately, you have been waving to everyone like crazy. Saying "Hi" and "What's that?" often. I just love your voice. It's the sweetest little sound. You say Dadda, too. I'm still waiting for "mama".
Peanut, I love you so much. You are a blessing and I will never get tired of telling you that.
     Last week, I wasn't feeling very well. You curled up next to me and just laid with me and watched tv. That isn't normal for my baby on the go. You are usually rocking and rolling. But this small gesture filled my eyes with tears and I felt happy. There are going to be a lot of things that happen to you in your life, Scarlett. Good things, bad things. Happy moments, sad times. Fun times and difficult times. I am here for you through them all. I will always be here for you. Daddy, too. I just want you to know this. Lately, mommy has been having a few difficult things happen and, somehow, it always leads me back to you and, "What if this happens to Scarlett someday." Well, no matter what happens to you my sweet baby, I am here. I love you more than myself or anything in this world. I hope that we are always close. I know that we will probably have some issues or quarrels, but in the end, know this: it's all because I love you........We love you.


Love Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment