Thursday, July 5, 2012

My 14 month Old Baby.

Dear Scarlett,

     Tonight, I looked through photos of you when you were a baby. The day you were born, that terrible week at the hospital when you were sick, and all the sweet photos of you growing up. I look at you now and see you becoming a little girl. A beautiful, healthy, smart little girl. And it fills my eyes with tears to see what a kind person you are. You cuddle me when I'm sick, you look to me with concern when I'm crying, and you hold me when I ask for hugs.

    The way that you squeal with excitement every time a dog comes near us, makes me chuckle. You are funny. You make me laugh everyday. You love to be scared. Daddy and I always run up and scare you. You love it. You could play "I'm Gonna Get Scarlett" all day long.
Last week, I brought you to Animal Land with a group of moms and kids. We went on a safari ride. At one point, the camels were sticking their heads in and nudging us. Some of the ladies were screaming and pushing to get away from the back of the trolley. Not you, you giggled and smiled at them. Things that I think you would be afraid of, you aren't.
    We found the one thing that you are afraid of, though.  Car washes. Who would have thought? I have to get in the back seat with you, every time we go through one. Your little hands grab hold of me and your scared little eyes make me want to take all of your fear away.

    I think about all the fear and sadness that you may encounter in this world. I know that I can't shield you from it all. But I can promise you that I will be there. Sometimes I will be in front of you, guiding you and showing you the way. Sometimes I will be beside you, holding your hand through the hard times and helping you understand. And sometimes I will be behind you, letting you figure it out on your own, giving you some independence, but still there in case you want to look back for me.

    Scarlett, Daddy is pretty over protective of you right now. I'm sure part of the excessive worry is because of the scare with your seizure & the fever. But I have a feeling it will be like that a lot of your life. He is always afraid you will fall, or scared that you might trip. He is your protector. I like it that way. Daddy makes me feel safe and I know that you will feel the same when you get older, too.

Anyway, I guess I will get to the part I'm avoiding. You are 14 months old today. I know, I know, I always get so bittersweet about your birthdays. I always say how time goes too fast and I cry. Mommy is a cry baby. (Haha) But it's because I love you.
This Past Month:

Talking more and more (Still no Mama)
Walking on your own stronger and steadier.
Eating lots now! (Thank God the bird eating phase is over)
It takes you forever to eat!
You had a febrile seizure from your fever.
You love walks. We go every night before bed.
Joined Toga Tots
You are 21 lbs and 8 oz
You love Weeble Wobble toys
Bath time is a favorite


No comments:

Post a Comment