Monday, July 8, 2013

26 months.

Dear Scarlett,

This month, you are talking so much more than I ever thought you would at this age. You tell me everything and sometimes, yes sometimes you show your independence with "terrible two" actions. Of course you are such a laid back toddler that your terrible two's are nothing compared to some. I tend to think that this age is where you truly start to get into feeling independent and that's where the two get confused. If I let you choose your outfit, you will get dressed without a fight. If I let you help me with lunch, you eat much more. If I give you options and let you feel like you have some control, you are a much happier toddler. The other night this happened,

At t bedtime, you asked to sleep on the couch. I told you no. Then you asked to sleep in "Mama's bed". While I do let you sleep in our bed occasionally, I don't want it to become a habit. I want you to like your own bed, too. I told you no again. You stood next to your bed with pouty lips and teary eyes. "Please Mama?" you asked. "You have to sleep in your bed, Scarlett." The thunder roared and you looked up to me with scared eyes, "A storms comin' Mama." I nodded, "Yes, but you don't have to be scared." I assured. You hugged your blankie and with the sweetest little voice you said, "Mama, I scared of storm." I wrapped you up in my arms. I held you close and smelled your sweet little Scarlett scent of hair detangler and baby skin. "Don't be afraid Scarlett, the storm is just passing through. Should we say good-bye to the storm?" You nodded and yelled out, "Bye storm!" After that, you got back into your bed and was out like a light. My precious, little babe. How you melt me day after day.

Speaking of beds, your toddler bed is our next order of business. While most toddlers are in toddler beds at 1-2 years, you are content in your crib. You don't try to climb out like some of your friends. But I think we will introduce one to you and see if you like it. Since you love sleeping in our bed, even if we aren't in it, I think you will do just fine. You have always been a slow one to move onto beds. You slept in your mini crib until you were 13 months. Then I switched you to your own room. Finally! Maybe it's me that doesn't like to let go but what's the rush?

You will be starting preschool in September and while this is very bittersweet for me, I know it is what's best for you and you will love it!

Here are some very cute photos from this month!





Love, Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment