Sunday, April 22, 2012

The Little Things.

IMG_0005
Dear Scarlett,
I wrote this for my personal life blog but I thought I'd share it with you, also. 


Scarlett has a habit of pulling her socks off every chance she gets. 
Every morning, I find two little socks laying in her crib.
I love those little socks.
Oh, how I love the little things.

The dainty little "Oh yeah" response that Scarlett makes now, when I ask her anything.
The way Ty always takes my hand when we are walking.
The smell of coffee in the morning.
Warm days when I leave the windows & doors open.
 Scarlett clapping my hands.
Flip flops.
Candles burning in the evening.
Beach sand.
Chick Peas.
Ty curling around me in the middle of the night.
The raggedy blankie that Scarlett eats.
Beach bags.
The way Ty smiles at me when he comes home to a cooked meal & clean house.
The way Ty always tries to help with everything even when I say 'I've got it'.
Food cooking on the grill.
The smell of sun tan lotion on skin.
Meal planning.
words on paper.
Scarlett, throwing her toys to the side, to greet Daddy hello.
fresh lemonade.
Little old treasures that I find at the flea market.
The birds chirping outside the window.
My favorite movie that I've watched a hundred times.
Bike rides.
Relaxing on the porch.
Blueberries.
The sound of Scarlett reading her books, all her little noises.

When I started thinking of all the things I love the most. I realized, none of them are extravagant things. They are all simple, small details. How I love the little things in life....
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. wonderful post, beautiful pictures! it is about the little things in life, that is for sure :) i love your blog backgroud, by the way...super cute!

    xo, amanda

    ReplyDelete